Virtual Patient Participation Group (vPPG)
We are setting up a Virtual Patient Participation Group (vPPG)
Are YOU interested in finding out more about the Practice?
Would YOU like to influence the development of local health services?
If so we want to hear from you
WHAT IS THE ROLE OF THE PATIENT PARTICIPATION GROUP?
At its simplest, patient participation refers to patients who wish to take a more active interest in developing local healthcare services.
The idea is for patients and staff to work together to share ideas to help patients to take more responsibility for their own health and help improve the services offered at the Practice. It gives patients a say in how services are planned, developed and evaluated, by developing a good working relationship with the practice staff and GPs.
The PPG will seek to improve communications through the practice website along with the use of notice boards and direct communications within the Practice e.g. articles in the patient newsletters.
MORE ABOUT WHAT A PPG CAN TRY TO DO
- Assist in communicating to patients how recent changes to NHS will affect services provided
- Let the practice staff know more about the level and standard of service they provide from a patient perspective
- Help the practice decide on overall service priorities
- Help patients understand more about their medical condition/problems including talks on individual topics, e.g. Diabetes and Heart Disease
- Help provide information on help available and support groups and networks
- Help improve the experience of attending the Surgery
WHO WILL BE ON THE PPG?
Initially the group will be made up of various members of the Practice staff with the aim to include as many patients who wish to join the group as possible.
WHAT THE PPG IS NOT ABOUT
We will not deal with personal medical issues or individual patient complaints as there is already a well established procedure to deal with these.
HOW DO PATIENTS COMMUNICATE WITH THE PPG?
- We will have a dedicated email address (to follow) so you can contact us electronically
- You can write to us at the practice address
- You can contact us via our Twitter page
- You can communicate online via the Virtual Patient Participation Group contact form
HOW WILL I GET FEEDBACK FROM THE PPG?
- Information will be available in the waiting room at the surgery
- Information will be available on the practice website and Twitter page
- If you provide us with your email address and mobile telephone number we will add you to our contact list and we will contact you by email or SMS message.
SO IT’S BACK TO YOU
The PPGs will only work well if patients communicate with us so help us to help you!